When will I learn that nothing productive ever occurs after margaritas at Blockheads?! I’m leaving for Chicago in a few short hours and am frantically shoving clothes into a duffel bag because Trixie and I decided to meet for
dinner margaritas last night.
In the midst of running around I baked this delicious treat for this weekends gracious hosts.
Banana Bread With Nutella Swirls
adapted from Weight Watchers
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, set aside
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, oats and sugar
- In a small bowl mash the bananas then add the oil and whole egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites until they form medium stiff peaks.
- In three additions fold the egg whites into the batter
- Pour half of the batter into the pan
- Using a butter knife take a dollop of Nutella and swirl into the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter in and repeat the Nutella swirling
- Bake for about 45-50mins (the top should be firm)
Once the bread cooled, I wrapped it up using tissue paper, twine and a few sprigs of lavender.
Now the hustle to LaGuardia Airport begins, but not before I give this face one last smooch!