The other night literally all this girl wanted was cookie, so I raided the kitchen in hopes of finding a random cookie. After an unsuccessful raid, the thought of running to CVS crossed my mind but
it was cold I was too lazy to leave my apartment so I consulted my Pinterest boards and found this delicious low-cal. cookie!
Flour-less Chocolate Cookies (72 calories per cookie)
- A bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups powdered sugar (plus extra for coating the dough)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray the nonstick baking sheet
- Microwave 1-2 minutes, 1 cup of chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Be sure to check frequently
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar to the eggs and beat until it resembles soft marshmallow cream
- Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a bowl
- On low speed, add dry ingredients into marshmallow mixture
- Add melted chocolate and the remainder of the chocolate chips and mix
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball (repeat)
- Pour powdered sugar into a bowl and generously coat the balls
- Place onto baking sheet and cook for about 10 minutes (until the cookies are puffed and tops are cracked)
Now here is the most important part, learn from my mistake! The cookies MUST cool for 10-15 minutes before you transfer them to a baking rack, otherwise you will have a hot, gooey, chocolatey mess on your hands.
I brought these into the office the next day and they went like hotcakes! Apparently, when you tell people that a cookie is only 72 calories you better move or risk getting pushed out of the way.